2015 MEDICALLY RELATED DONATIONS
At their 24 November 2015 meeting the Trustees made pledges totalling £1,230,000 to nineteen charities under the 'Medically Related Donations' programme.
The successful applicants included:
- The Black Stork Charity - creation of an education facility within the new Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre for the Ministry of Defence.
- The Children's Hospital Charity - contribution towards the purchase of a new intraoperative 3T MRI scanner to transform the treatment of children with brain tumours at The Children's Hospital in Sheffield.
- South Cleveland Heart Fund - contribution towards the upgrade of the current Cardiac MRI scanner at the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough.
- Birmingham Children's Hospital Charity - contribution towards the creation of a new 'child friendly' X-Ray department.
- University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire Charity - contribution towards creation of a new Breast cancer Unit to meet the increase in the local population and number of women being screened.
- The Sick Kids Friends Foundation - contribution towards the construction of a new children's hospital adjacent to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
- The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability - contribution towards refurbishment of 'Glyn' ward within the specialist nursing home for patients with complex disabilities caused by brain injury.
- Linden Lodge - contribution towards creation of a new centre for working with families who have a child with sensory and other disabilities.
- Canine Partners - contribution towards a new centre in Leicestershire that will provide 6 chalet bedrooms for disabled applicants and their carers.
- Ambitious about Autism - contribution towards the setting up of two permanent sites for Ambitious College - a specialist day college for young people with Autism.
- Treloar Trust - contribution towards refurbishment of a redundant housing block to provide more capacity for disabled young people.
- Diverse Abilities - contribution towards refurbishment of existing respite home and creation of a new overnight respite wing.
- The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice - contribution towards construction of a new purpose built hospice.
- Woking & Sam Beare Hospice - contribution towards creation of a new hospice in Woking comprising a 20-bed inpatient facility plus day hospice and other facilities.
- Arthur Rank Hospice - contribution towards development of a new hospice.
- Alexander Devine Children's Hospice - contribution towards development of a new hospice.
- St Michael's Hospice, Hastings and Rother - contribution to the re-building of the hospice following an arson attack.
- Maggie Keswick Jencks Cancer Caring Centres Trust - contribution towards creation of a new centre in south east Wales.
- Veterans Aid - contribution towards the refurbishment / redevelopment of New Belvedere House (facility for homeless veterans in London).